Homemade Healthy Granola
- 1/2 cup canola oil or other neutral oil, such as coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1 tbsp PURITI Manuka Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried dates
- Heat the oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the oil, honey, date syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the oats and almonds and stir to coat. Go ahead and measure the oats and almonds right into the oil mixture — Stir to coat well.
- Spread the oats out onto the prepared baking sheet. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer. If the granola is clumpy, use a spatula to press it into the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Bake, stirring halfway through, for about 20 minutes total. The granola is ready when golden-brown and the almonds have toasted — it will still feel wet coming out of the oven but will dry as it cools.
- Remove from the oven, add the fruit, tamp down, and cool. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and sprinkle on the raisins or fruit. If you want clumps of granola, press and tamp down the granola before it cools, which will help it stick together. Cool completely before storing.
- Store in an airtight container. Transfer the cooled granola to an airtight container for long-term storage at room temperature.
Recipe by @mygourmetstory