Recipe: Lemon, Coconut, Honey And Banana Loaf
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (dairy-free) or butter
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups coconut thread (or shredded coconut)
- 1 cup flour (e.g. plain or wholemeal flour) or buckwheat flour (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp baking powder (check it is gluten-free if you need to)
- 4 free-range eggs
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Salt, pinch
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F
- Gently melt honey and coconut oil/butter together in a small pot.
- Use a fork to mix mashed bananas, coconut thread, flour, baking powder, honey mixture, eggs, lemon zest and salt together in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- The loaf will keep (unsliced) in an airtight container for up to 5 days. It also freezes well.
- A slice of this is delicious warmed up and spread with a little butter!
Recipe by Chelsea